Table of Contents
Voice search is one of the most powerful tools available to online marketers today.
As more and more people use their smartphones to search for information, businesses are starting to take note and develop strategies to capitalise on this trend.
In this blog post, I’ll explore the basics of voice search and discuss some of the benefits that businesses can reap from using voice search technology.
Why Your Business Needs a Voice Search Strategy
Voice search is quickly becoming the norm when consumers are looking for local businesses or products online.
Voice search might seem like it’s just getting started, but devices like Amazon Echo and Google Home are the most advanced voice assistants that people have ever used. Voice search isn’t just shaping up to be the next big thing.
It is the next big thing.
Conversational AI is the driving force behind voice search, and it is constantly being refined. According to Google, its word recognition accuracy has increased from 80% to 95%. This level of growth is only possible if the use of voice assistants increases, and devices become easier to use and interact with.
Voice search will continue to be a platform for brand and consumer engagement for as long as smartphones, mobile devices, and social media platforms are mainstays of this digital world. In fact, 48% of consumers now use voice for “general web searches.” If you want your brand to remain relevant and visible to consumers, you must incorporate voice search into your marketing strategy.
Why Should You Include Voice Search in Your Marketing Strategy?
Today, voice has become the new touchpoint for consumers. Voice search is appealing to customers because it is faster and more convenient than typing a search phrase into a device. Voice search facilitates hands-free multitasking because most customers use multiple devices at once.
On the other hand, since voice is a new technology, its impact is only going to grow. For marketers, this means that voice search will change the way you do search engine optimization (SEO), drive traffic to your digital profiles and website, show your products to consumers, and communicate with your customers.
SEO and Voice Search
Voice searches are becoming increasingly popular, and as a result, search engines like Google are shifting their attention to optimizing results for voice searches.
Because voice search and traditional search are not the same, the factors that influence your website’s ranking may differ.
Tips for Improving Your Voice Search Strategy:
- Since voice searches are typically longer than text searches, you should include longer keyword phrases in your content.
- Customers may type “Bars in Birmingham” when looking for a bar, but when speaking aloud, they may say “What are some of the best bars in Birmingham?”
- Similarly, voice searches are typically phrased as full questions rather than short phrases or keywords. As a result, include relevant question keyword phrases.
- When people use voice searches, they only see the top result, which is different from text searches. This means that, while a consumer can choose to move on to the next option via a voice assistant like Siri, the likelihood of your brand being chosen is slim to none if you are not actively pursuing position zero. You should concentrate on optimising your featured snippets.
- Create a FAQ section that answers frequently or frequently asked questions by customers.
- Use structured data markup with rich snippets, breadcrumbs, and site links.
Google’s Focus on Local SEO
Given the explosive growth of voice search, it has a significant impact on how local businesses are discovered. Most people who use voice search today do so to find local content or information.
” Approximately 22% of all voice search searches are for local information -From Search Engine Land.
If you own a local business, you should capitalise on this opportunity by incorporating a local voice search optimisation strategy into your marketing strategy.
By incorporating local business schema into your website, you increase your chances of being discovered via voice search. It allows search engines to easily crawl your website for information about your company. This, in turn, increases your website traffic and sales.
Insider Tip: Use a schema generator tool to quickly create a local business schema, upload it to your website, and optimise for local SEO
Voice Search Gives Priority to Micro-Moments
Google has been urging marketers to consider micro-moments. The definition of micro-moments is “intention-driven decision-making and preference-forming moments that occur throughout the whole customer experience.” If a consumer asks, “What is the best bar in Birmingham?” you can’t give 100 different answers.
As consumers increasingly use their mobile devices or voice search to find answers, you have an opportunity to be there and deliver that information. By being available to the consumer, you can give your business a competitive advantage.
As a brand, you must improve your voice strategy for micro-moments because:
- Most consumers are not loyal to a brand. They are unsure of the brand they want to buy from when they look for information online.
- Smartphone users are more likely to purchase from a business other than the one they intended to purchase from because the brand was able to provide information when they needed it.
- Being present and visible in mobile searches can increase brand awareness by 46%. Furthermore, 51% of smartphone users discovered a new product through a smartphone search.
Let’s Sum Up the Benefits of Voice Search for Businesses
- Voice search is an important tool for businesses of all sizes.
- It can help customers find what they’re looking for faster and easier.
- By using voice search, businesses can save time and money by automating tasks.
- Voice search can also help businesses connect with customers in new ways.
- There are several ways to use voice search for your business.
- It’s important to be aware of the different features and capabilities of voice search.
- And finally, it’s important to make sure your website is optimised for voice search
- Helps those who have problems with speech or sight.
So, What’s Next?
Voice search is expected to have a significant impact on how consumers search for information on the Internet.
As a result, it is essential for businesses to actively optimise for voice search as part of their marketing strategy to rank better, be present for the customer, and increase their visibility on Google.
Frequently Asked Questions For Voice Search
How do I set up my website for voice search?
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
- Use natural conversational language in your content.
- Optimise your content for question-based keywords.
- Use short, concise titles and descriptions.
- Increase the frequency of your backlinks.
- Use structured data markup on your website.
How do I get my company on voice search?
- Get your business listed on as many local and national review sites such as Yelp, Google My business, Yellow Pages, etc. to get found in voice search
- Capitalise on online business reviews
- Optimise for long-tail keywords in your keyword research
- Make your website mobile-first!
- Grow your website’s domain authority
- Insert meta tags on each of your website’s pages
- Add rich snippets
- Create an FAQ section like this one
How do I optimise my website's content for voice search?
- Focus on phrases and longtail keywords
- Create website content around the specific questions your prospects ask in a conversational manner.
- Optimise your website for local SEO. …
- Make sure your website is ready for voices search. In other words, mobile friendly and loads fast.
What type of keywords should be included for voice search?
Voice search keywords tend to be longtail ones and are conversational in content. It is best to make use of the Five Ws (Who, What, Where, When, and Why) and How, ensuring they answer the questions your prospects and customers want answering.
Additional Resources on standing Out Among Your Competitors
How to Optimise for Local Voice Search on Alexa, Siri, Google and Cortana by Local Marketing Institute
Voice Search: What Small Business Owners and Marketers Need to Know by DUCT TAPE Marketing
How to Use Voice Search SEO to Boost Your Business by Constant Contect
FREE Social Media Resources
E-book – 365 Awesome Social Media Post Ideas
If you need ideas for your social media content, download my E-book by clicking here
30 Social Media Engagement Posts
These Facebook and Instagram engagement posts are suitable for any type of business. And they come with a text introduction for each social media post image. Click here to download them now.
100 Motivational/Inspirational Facebook and Instagram posts. The ideal way to inspire your followers each day. These also come with a suggested text introduction. You can check them out here.
Some Of My Other Easy Marketing Posts You Can Quickly Profit From:
Download Your Free Small Business Marketing Magazine
Keep ahead of your competitors by keeping up-to-date with the latest small business marketing trends and proven marketing strategies and tactics.
Click Here to download this month’s edition. No sign up required.
BrightLocal gives you the tools to rank higher, improve your reputation, and generate more traffic and leads from local search. Click here for your free trial
Some of the hyperlinks in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on them and then purchase the product/service being offered by the website, I will receive a sales commission.
However, by purchasing through my affiliate link you will not pay more for your purchase as if you went directly to the website concerned.
These commissions help me finance the free resources provided on this website and my social media profiles.